Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Job DescriptionArlington, Virginia Job ID JR0006814
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As the Patient Services Coordinator, this position coordinates scheduling, pre-procedure communication, medical record documents, EMR demographic data entry, requirements for payers and Revenue Cycle, greets patients and answers multi-line telephone and fax.
- Schedule and input all appointments scheduling module in a timely and efficient manner. Assure all pre-procedure/preoperative activities are scheduled or completed. Manages patient cancellations, center cancellations (e.g. equipment issues) and additions to schedule in accordance to center scheduling parameters. Printpatientscheduleandpullpatientchartsdaily.
- Facilitates the admission process by professionally greeting all patients and visitors and obtain patient identification and insurance information to initiate admissions process.
- Assemble, file and maintain patient medical records and financial records in a confidential and secure manner
- Complete front-end process of billing procedure ensuring all information is entered into the computer registration module.
- Performs Insurance Verification process and completes all required processes for prior authorizations or other actions required by payor.
- Assistwithpatienttransportationifthepatientqualifiesperthe Company TransportationPolicy.
- Ensure appropriate signatures are included on all necessary chart and admissionsdatainaccordancewithFMCNApolicies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy when scanning and filing documents and completes within 24 hours of completed visit, including physician reports to referral sources.
- Communicate all changes about procedure and insurance which is identified during patient visit to appropriate internal parties and directly to the patient record immediately.
- Perform daily encounter checks to assure reporting accuracy. – what is this?
- Coordinates collection, processing, maintenance, storage, retrieval, documentation, and distribution of medical records per policy and procedure.
- Assures documentation of logs of medical record release.
- Provides information to parties engaged in research or study projects involving patient care and utilization of services in accordance with policy.
- Oversees the materials going in and out of the office, including inventory, shipments, and deliveries.
- Otherdutiesas assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Day to day work includes desk and computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience, Associate Degree or higher preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience, preferably in a medical setting with insurance billing.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Ability to adapt to supporting software applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.".Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(K) Retirement Saving
401(K) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.