Registered Dietitians at Fresenius Medical Care build trusting relationships with patients and their families. That trust paves the way for dietary education and planning that directly affects patients’ quality of life. Responsibilities include completing patient assessments, creating patient-specific nutritional plans, and providing ongoing nutritional support. All this is done in a multi-disciplinary environment where information from both patients and co-workers contribute to success. Qualified candidates are excellent listeners with a current RD license and prior clinical dietitian experience.
Job DescriptionJob ID R0124342
- Review of Renal Nutrition Basics and other applicable components of the Orientation and Training requirements of staff dietitians
- Review the typical workflow for the Renal Dietitian, and/or Role of the RD
- Conduct a nutrition interview with a patient
- Calculate a diet prescription recommendation
- Provide nutrition counseling to patient/designated caregiver on the prescribed renal diet
- Collect data for initial, 90 day, semi-annual (if applicable by State), and annual Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Assessments
- Assist the registered dietitian in development and implementation of nutrition plan of care
- Review monthly nutrition data with patients and/or designated caregivers
- Practice writing monthly nutrition progress notes
- Provide input to the development and implementation of nutrition plan of care
- Create nutrition related projects for patients or staff (such as, bulletin board, patient/staff education handouts, games, lobby activity)
- Attend Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement and /or other interdisciplinary team meetings with the registered dietitian, and participate as appropriate
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We are partnering with them for their care, and we have to work with them to make sure thatLori K., Registered Dietitian
they get the best care possible.
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That’s why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(k) Retirement Saving
401(k) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.