The chart below shows a general breakdown of time spent performing typical tasks for this role.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s vision, mission, core values, quality policy and goals of plant incorporation. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Responsible for performing the day-to-day operations on the Production floor of the Concentrates Manufacturing facility.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture though values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs packaging and batch making functions for the line.
- Performs production preparation as directed following current production and QC procedures, guidelines, and SOP’s.
- Assists in monitoring all operations.
- Assists in monitoring raw material and packaging component availability.
- Ability to interface with PLC and PC applications in order to operate the line.
- Perform reconciliations on an hourly basis.
- Perform breakdown and assembly of production machine.
- Trouble shoots equipment issues and performs minor maintenance of equipment.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and follows all Manufacturing SOP’s that apply to this position.
- Participates in all activities required to maintain a clean and safe plant.
- Performs all production duties on an as needed basis to meet production requirements and comply with GMP’s.
- Performs all paperwork functions related to the batching and packaging operations.
- Loads and unloads raw material and finished product utilizing forklift and other material handling devices as needed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform duties of Material Handler as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves active work, including walking and/or standing for considerable lengths of time. Bending may be required. Must be able to lift materials of up to 75 lbs.
High School diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- One to three years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience with food, chemical or drug manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Understanding of Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience in operation of a forklift and other material handling equipment.