The chart below shows a general breakdown of time spent performing typical tasks for this role.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Assist in designing, developing and supporting technical projects to meet Spectra’s business and IT needs.
Communicates information and acts as a resource for clients by telephone and fax. Gathers necessary information from clients to help in providing timely and accurate laboratory results (reports). Responsible for assisting in the preparation and set-up of laboratory tests.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Open, and inspect boxes, sort Proton, Spectra Diagnostics and Specialty Accounts (Home Hemo, etc.)
- Receive samples, check for damage, and prepare for scanning
- Filter, centrifuge and pour specimens
- Rack/Archive Specimens
- Dump blood samples and ice packs
- Load specimens in OLA trays
- Disinfect tables, centrifuges and decapper
- Complete centrifuge maintenance chart
- Build kits
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Routinely attend compliance and OSHA training.
- Attend staff and inter-departmental meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisors or Lead.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 20 lbs., and sit for extended periods of time.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Some college or courses in medical terminology preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- One year of demonstrated experience preferred, assisting in laboratory activities, preferably in the health care field.