The chart below shows a general breakdown of time spent performing typical tasks for this role.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
The Applications Programmer Level 3 provides technical expertise for users in developing recommendations in the support of user requests in order to assure the efficient implementation of system needs.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Thoroughly understands the impact of proposed changes in production systems and programs across the department lines. Is responsible for assuring that system changes do not have an adverse impact on operations.
- Works closely with users to determine the exact nature of more complex business or systems problems, develops recommendations to correct problems and assures that implementation of corrective action is effective.
- Defines and documents user requirements for complex programs and program modifications.
- Provides recommendation as to changes that should be considered to improve systems or processes.
- Develops and implements program modifications as required. Assures that problems and testing errors are promptly investigated and resolved.
- Effectively code programs from program specifications with adherence to Spectra East and/or vendors’ standards.
- Works with vendors and Spectra East staff to assure that programming fully meets requirements.
- Seeks opportunities to improve programs/processes.
- May monitor the work of junior staff to assure that programs are accessible and easily maintained and that they have been tested and verified with actual data.
- Create job and documentation for the execution of the developed systems and programs in a production environment.
- Assures that program documentation meets the department standards and guidelines.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge and understanding of each application program with the ability to relate the requirements of a specific program to the total design of the system.
- Provides technical support and guidance to others in department areas of programming or testing techniques, standards, documentation, application systems and operating systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Degree required: Major in computer science, information systems, business administration, engineering or laboratory science.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of six years experience in programming with demonstrated abilities in providing innovative and solid solutions for business problems.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles is expected for billing support.
- Understanding of laboratory or manufacturing workflow is expected for lab support.
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry is desirable.
Special Skills :
- Innovative problem solver with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to prepare a clear detailed and polished documentation product.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical knowledge, present systems and prepare user manuals.
- Position takes a leadership role in developing and implementing system changes within the organization.
Technical Skills :
1. Oracle SQL Programming (creating/altering stored procedures, view, tables, indices, triggers, sequences, constraints and writing intermediate to complex)
2. Business Objects/Crystal Reports Server Administration (promoting reports into the reports server, general administration)
3. Crystal Reports Development (creating and maintaining crystal reports, defining business views, creating dynamic and cascading prompts)
4. Perl Scripting (Creating perl scripts to process text files and Oracle data sets)
5. Microsoft Access VBA (Creating application modules using Microsoft VBA, Access forms, queries, reports)