The chart below shows a general breakdown of time spent performing typical tasks for this role.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Responsible for assisting in the preparation and set-up of laboratory tests. Entering tests/billing data into computer system.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Must be able to perform all the duties of Laboratory Assistant I, II and III
- Must demonstrate superior problem-solving skills and assist Leads
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Independently prepare sendout specimens accurately
- Data enter all types of orders, electronic requisitions, manual requisitions, send out tests, miscellaneous, and add on as needed
- Data Enter Priority Accounts
- Perform RP Holds, duplicates and No Specimen Received (NSR)
- Resolve problems from OLA error racks
- Troubleshoot and resolve problem requisitions including data entering calculations, natural logs etc.
- Must have ability to oversee the department in the absence of the Lead
- Routinely attend compliance and OSHA training.
- Attend staff and inter-departmental meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead
- Other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent. Some college or courses in medical terminology preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Five years of demonstrated experience assisting in laboratory activities, preferably in the healthcare field.
Must have the ability to follow precise directions, both written and verbal in situations requiring speed,
accuracy, and efficiency under direct supervision or independently. Ability to work flexible hours as
needed Typing and or data entry skills required. Must be able to type at 35 WPM.