The chart below shows a general breakdown of time spent performing typical tasks for this role.
Lend direction as well as a caring attitude. Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Brighten prospects for patients and your career.
Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here is your opportunity to make profound connections that make all the difference. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we know what it takes to create strong bonds among patients, their families, and our team members—and why it matters. Within this positive environment, those in our care can achieve better outcomes—and professionals can achieve their most important objectives.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you’ll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds—the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization—for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation’s largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Here is a unique chance to build a satisfying career and realize important goals with a healthcare leader. Assisting our Director of Operations, the professional we select will provide management and informational support to an assigned group of dialysis clinics. This process-oriented, detail-minded individual will analyze quality, financial, and operational status in order to make recommendations to the management team on ways to optimize performance.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy as well as the FMS UltraCare mission, values and standards. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Under direction of the Director of Operations provides support, assistance, and information to an assigned group of clinics to assist and promote efficient and effective operational functioning of the clinics and programs. Provides data information to the Clinical Managers regarding the finance, quality and operations performance indicators on the current scorecard to include but not limited to: Ultrascore, Primary Quality Indicators, Profit and Loss (P&L) Statements, Commercial Mix Improvement, Revenue, Organic/Same Store Growth Opportunity, TAP, Total Operating Costs (CPT) including medical supplies utilization/efficiency, Pharmaceutical Utilization (EPO), ancillary management, and EBIT.
- Provides analyses and reporting of the finance, quality and operations performance indicators on the scorecard to the Director Operations. Collects and analyzes the appropriate data collaborating with the pertinent personnel to verify the accuracy of the data. Researches, conceptualizes and defines problems to consider resolution options. Makes recommendations for solutions to Director Operations. Assists with implementation of solutions as needed.
- Assists clinical managers in achieving optimal outcomes of the performance indicators on the scorecard. Monitors performance to goals providing actionable business information such as the identification of trends and areas of concern. Researches anomalies and provides recommendations for process improvements as needed. Assists with implementation of improvements as needed.
- Assists with the collection and organizing of the CQI data to evaluate the CQI process. Facilitates and drives the clinic CQI processes and reports status to Director Operations. Attends facility and program CQI meetings as needed.
- Audits and analyzes clinical and facility operations processes and documentation making recommendations for improvement as appropriate. Assists with the collection, compilation and organization of data such as performance indicators for interpretation by senior management Conducts billing and various ad hoc operations audits as needed and collaborates with internal and external auditors on clinic audits as appropriate.
- Promotes effective inventory management and the practice of cost containment strategies through collaboration with Materials Management department to monitor the appropriate functioning of the supply chain to ensure the efficient and effective provision of required supplies and products to facilities.
- May act as the clinic Chief Executive Officer as needed
- Takes a lead role in coordinating record and database maintenance within the clinics. Monitors and maintains databases to track Discharges and Commercial Patients. Identifies trends, identifies and researches issues and concerns, ensuring the appropriate personnel are notified and that corrective actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Acts as the primary liaison regarding OSHA Compliance collaborating with the corporate Risk Management and Health and Safety department as needed. Under the direction of the Director Operations, performs regulatory risk audits per the QAI calendar and other audits including OSHA, and audits to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal requirements. Ensures appropriate physical plant maintenance of facilities – collaborating with clinic and maintenance personnel as appropriate. Monitors and follows through on facility project maintenance
- Ensures operating procedures in clinics are in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations and company standard operating procedures. Under the direction of the Director Operations, ensures all FMS business policies, procedures and systems are implemented by the appropriate personnel in the area including compliance with ethical business practices. Assists with the research and analysis required for the development of business strategies.
- Assists clinic with internal and external audits acting as the liaison with the company compliance audit and internal audit departments as needed. Works with external auditors providing information, answering questions and researching issues as required.
- Assists with the hiring and on-boarding of all clinic staff. Supports HR processes and audits as appropriate – including but not limited to employee file maintenance, pre-hire checks, and the tracking of training requirements.
- Tracks and analyzes commercial growth/mix. Identifies trends and researches issues and concerns, ensuring the appropriate personnel are notified and that actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of software applications, reports and other tools to effectively provide operations support to the clinic group. Develops and implements new techniques for operations analysis and solutions as appropriate. Develops best practice solutions for performance.
- Performs special projects and ad hoc analyses are requested by division management.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Bachelors’ degree required with concentration in Business or Healthcare management ,or
- Clinical Manager with demonstrated management capabilities, or
- RN with a business degree.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3-5 years business or management experience in a healthcare program
- Demonstrated understanding of financial theories and principles required.
- Financial modeling experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft and SAP software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – oral and written.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Process oriented
Preferred candidate will have be a Registered Nurse with management experience; Home Dialysis experience preferred but home health experience is acceptable.