PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Support the processing of payroll for all U.S. employees. The position is responsible for analyses of payroll systems to identify potential issues and optimize the efficiency and efforts of the Payroll Operations department; performance of complex payroll tasks, and will serve as a subject matter expert on relevant systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the Workday payroll system is setup with all necessary parameters and definitions in order to process all on-cycle and off-cycle payrolls in accordance with business requirements;
- Act as an active member for the Workday community - staying ahead of Workday updates, fixes and resolution;
- Review and assess new system functionality / upgrades to determine relevance to current business processes and make recommendation as to whether enhancements should be implemented in the system;
- Lead the planning and execution of payroll test scenarios and test scripts prior to system change being deployed to the production environment, validating that the outcome meets business expectations ;
- Perform analysis of existing business processes design and identify possible re-configuration/solutions in response to business issues and challenges; work with payroll leadership to evaluate and prioritize;
- Serve as a payroll liaison when working with cross-functional business teams to translate complex business needs to effective design recommendations;
- Serve as the key contact to work with IT to discuss and coordinate any enhancements requiring their support;
- Act as the subject matter expert and provide help desk type support to all payroll personnel for questions about Workday functionality;
- Manage and respond to various reporting needs, including the assessment of existing reports, accuracy of data on them, and appropriate security access to the reports;
- Responsible for functional system-level setup activities such as setting up new earnings, deductions, and special payroll runs;
- Responsible for mass uploads into the payroll system (i.e. wage garnishment files, bonus files);
- Other activities include job scheduling and execution; ongoing system maintenance; development and updating of process documentation; and providing user training;
- Other duties as assigned;
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This role routinely and frequently uses a desk and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers with repetitive motion.
- Little to no travel is expected for this position.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor's Degree; Advanced Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Payroll Professional is a plus
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3- 5 years of experience in a large organization (5,000 employees or more).
- Payroll experience with minimum of 3 years processing payroll in Workday system.
- Excellent communication, organization, customer service, interpersonal and analytical skills required with the ability to work effectively with third parties. Must be a team player, dedicated, and reliable.
- Good time management skills are required. Must be able to execute multiple activities simultaneously.
- Experience in a high volume, high intensity position is required with the ability to meet critical processing deadlines under tight time constraints.
- Kronos operations experience highly desired.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs