PURPOSE AND SCOPE: The Clinical Consultant has a key role to play as part of the Sales and Marketing organization. The right candidate will be responsible for maintaining and improving customer relationships, with a focus on enhancing revenue in select existing and new accounts. This individual will need to have a strong clinical background and understanding, with the ability to develop a Center strategy. A proven track record of excellence in customer relations, as well as the ability to build and execute on strategic plans will be essential.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessment of facilities and implementation of a plan for training and continued improvement utilizing holistic account principles and business models. Incorporates knowledge of nursing demands and facility productivity.
- Ability to interact with and motivate nursing staff ancillary staff as well as mid-level and senior level leadership to accomplish common goals.
- Mentoring of Clinical Educators to improve knowledge base and facilitation of the consultative process.
- Assist in quality improvement and instruction on managing patient outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with assigned area and regional account executives to develop strategic account planning and targeting; to ensure teamwork and proper allocation of nursing resources.
- Effectively train and motivate nursing staff to be successful trainers
- Effectively train nursing staff on therapy concepts and practical applications
- Ability to communicate regulations and policies (National, Regional, and Facility)
- Plan and implement regional educational sessions as necessary (basic, advanced) for nurses.
- Maintain clinical competency through nephrology literature, meetings, products and services and their clinical application.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to physically cover and maintain regular face to face contact with customers over a large geographic area. Extensive travel up to 85% by automobile, train or airplane is often necessary to cover the assigned territory and includes overnight stays. Occasional weekend travel maybe necessary to travel to/from an appointment. Must reside within assigned territory.
- Lifting requirements of up to 75 lbs. necessary.
- RN Required, BSN Preferred
- B.S./B.A. or equivalent Preferred
- MBA Preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years of sales and/or 5+ years of Clinical Education in the dialysis industry
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, energetic, with an infectious, positive, can-do attitude.
- Located for easy and short travel to target accounts.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs