PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent may be responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring inbound equipment and materials shipments, managing the warehouse including controlling material movement throughout the entire product lifecycle, leading the coordination of inbound logistics activities from plants, tracking data and reporting metrics for ongoing projects, and inventory control system transactions, cycle counting and receiving support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to¦
Create and manage Import/Export and Domestic Shipment Files including the following:
Building load and selecting mode/carrier
Issuing import instructions,
issuing delivery instructions to brokers,
issuing arrival notice to customers,
updating transit reports as scheduled,
updating database to reflect shipping schedule
entering required information into ERP system
assuring invoicing for shipments is done
Manage finished goods inventory
Prepare/update and issue product order fulfillment reports
Proof shipping documents
Prepare periodic reports for U.S. customs as required.
Provide back-up for production planning at contract manufacturer as required
Manage customer returns and non-conforming material transactions and update all databases as required
Coordinate donation and sale efforts of low turn inventory.
Provide input regarding potential efficiency improvement regarding Logistic Operations
File and resolve freight claims through service providers and insurance company when applicable.
Review and code related service provider invoices in a timely manner and record costs for future analysis.
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May require lifting 2 to 10 lbs. Handling of heavier objects may be required on occasion
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years experience in field of inventory control, purchasing or production planning/supervising
- Medical device or diagnostics experience strongly preferred
- Experience with MRP/ERP/WMS application software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in PC applications such as Access, Excel, Word, Outlook
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs