PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for achieving the operational and financial objectives for the Distribution Center (DC), ensuring a cost-effective operation, as well as efficient utilization of the facility. Also responsible for the utilization of equipment and staff to maintain efficiency, customer satisfaction, and overall operational profitability.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the tactical execution of short and long term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce.
- Supervises all activities of drivers. Directs and schedules drivers’ work; plans, assigns, and distributes daily work to avoid hours of service violations while coordinating loads, equipment, and backhauls to achieve maximum utilization of the fleet.
- Identifies and resolves delivery and scheduling problems through timely communication with customers, drivers, and vendors.
- Meets or beats total freight and distribution operating expense budget on an annual basis.
- Meets or beats all local or corporate driven targets and goals in order to achieve high customer service levels.
- Works directly with sales/customer service and customers to resolve issues and drive new revenue.
- Identifies and achieves DC specific goals and objectives for each calendar year.
- Manages key projects to reduce costs while improving service and overall compliance.
- Identifies and controls DC specific key performance indicators to ensure continuous improvement in all aspects of the operation.
- Ensures all employees are properly trained in Good Manufacturing Practices, Health & Safety, and Compliance (both corporate and DPD specific).
- Achieves OSHA related targets for recordable incidents and lost time incidents.
- Conducts quarterly performance discussions with all employees and complete annual reviews in a timely manner.
- Develops direct reports into next level supervisors with full P&L responsibility.
- Shows continuous improvement and growth with all job responsibilities.
- Develops and fosters relationships with other DC Managers nationally in order to enhance divisional targets and objectives.
- Technically proficient in the Distribution Center department and knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Has a larger range within the department.
- Experienced leadership required for multi-faceted environment; role primarily focuses on tactical execution. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Program or project responsibility generally within the function. Manages the operations of one or more departments, direct impact on a specific functional area. Manages the coordination of activities of a section or department with direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing. An individual contributor will have significant project/process responsibilities.
- Provides technical guidance.
- Assists with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Distribution Center staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable.
- In lieu of Degree, an additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience required.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in both fleet and warehouse strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations strongly desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial planning.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs