Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As part of our team, you’ll help patients avoid the complexities of a hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You’ll also enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people in our communities.
Job DescriptionJob ID R0125716 Available Openings 2
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports the Organization mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the Organization Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and Organization policy requirements.
Provides direct nursing care pre, during and post procedure, under the direction of the Facility Manager, Director of Nursing and/or Charge Registered Nurse, utilizing standard nursing techniques to assist the physician in optimum patient outcomes following facility policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting and driving organization quality standards through meeting regulatory and accrediting body requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of CQI tools.
- Assists with implementation of organization quality goals and facility specific action plans in order to achieve organization quality standards.
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined by the organization quality goals, to ensure that organization policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for addressing and acting on adverse events and action thresholds in collaboration with facility management.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other organization administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collection and auditing activities.
- Maintains facility environmental integrity and safety.
- Obtains necessary medical history, discusses procedure and answers questions, and performs nursing assessment on the day of the procedure.
- Provides education to patients and patient’s family regarding post procedure care of vascular access.
- Monitors patient condition before, during and after the procedure, especially patients having moderate sedation and contrast media injections for possible complications or reactions.
- Acts as a resource for the patient to address patient concerns and questions.
- Identifies and communicates patient related issues to facility management, as needed.
- Completes documentation of patient information from admission to discharge in an accurate manner.
- Confirm written orders, consents and lab work are completed and documented in accordance with facility policies. This includes appropriate preparation of lab requisitions; delivery to appropriate labs; reporting and forwarding of lab results to appropriate physician.
- Maintains competency with all emergency operational procedures, and initiates CPR and emergency measures, as needed.
- Administers medications and IV moderate sedation to patients as directed per physician’s orders, and in compliance with organization, company, federal, state and local regulations.
- Acts as scrub technologist to assist the physician during procedure as needed, maintaining a sterile technique.
- Assists with patient workflow by transporting patients as needed.
- Performs point – of – care laboratory testing as directed per physician’s orders and in compliance with organization, company, federal, state and local regulations.
- Performs IV insertion as per physician orders.
- Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician, practicing in compliance with state regulations.
- Provides regular and effective communication with physicians on an as needed basis.
- Attends and participates in CQI meetings with physicians, reporting on assigned topics.
- May assist facility management in working with the physicians and staff to verify all necessary instruments and equipment.
- Assists the physician in completing and reporting state required adverse event reports and reporting internally as per organization/FMC policy and procedure.
- Operates appropriate facility equipment and technology, including but not limited to, patient monitors, defibrillators, medical recording devices, sterilizers and computers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Inspects operation of all facility equipment and reports malfunctions, and maintenance needs to ensure the safe and effective operation of all vascular access equipment.
- Inspects operation of all facility operating systems, including temperature checks in appropriate areas and physical structure of the facility and reports any issues to the Facility Manager.
- Ensures a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the vascular access facility at all times.
- Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to the organization/FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
- Assists with efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all guidelines established in the organization formularies.
- May assist in the development and revision of any applicable policies and procedures related to the facility to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Assists with Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities including monthly reports and attending meetings as required.
- Assists with maintaining medication supply, including inventory control, checking for expired medications, and ensuring appropriate recording of controlled substances as required by law.
- Completes usage logs for all medications with appropriate documentation, as well as, records of drug disposal in accordance with local, state, and federal law.
- Assists with maintaining facility supply inventory, including ordering and restocking of supplies as needed.
- Examines emergency equipment and supplies, including stocking of the crash cart on a regular basis.
- Completes medical records in an accurate manner in compliance with organization policies and procedures prior to discharge of the patient. Perform chart audits on a regular basis.
- May participate in facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies.
- Completes state required records for all implanted devices in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with organization/FMS records management guidelines.
- Participates in staff meetings, training and orientation as assigned.
- Complies with HIPPA policies and standards regarding patient information and medical records.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
- The position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, patients and equipment of up to 200 lbs. There is a two-person assist program and material assist devices for the heavier items.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious, contagious diseases/materials and radiation. May be required to wear protective gear in procedure rooms for extended periods of time.
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure and ACLS certification required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 4 - 6 years' related experience preferred.
- Office Based Surgical Center/Ambulatory Surgical Center/Vascular Access, Cardiac Cath Lab, or a combination of ASC, surgical, Interventional Radiology and ICU/CCU or emergency department experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Proficient in IV insertion.
- Proficient in cardiac rhythm recognition.
- Experience with Medical database software.
- Certified in BLS & ACLS successfully completed course certifications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me. My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and never had access to the kind of care we offer — eventually he lost blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even more committed to our mission.Warren J., AZURA REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
We've got your back.
We fully believe that dedication and passion should be recognized and rewarded. That’s why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our employees. Our benefits provide the flexibility, choice and support you need to be at your best as you play a vital part in helping patients live longer, better and healthier lives.
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Tuition Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full‑time; $350/year for part‑time)
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off
Flexibility in using PTO for vacation, holiday and personal time.
- Employee Pride
- Valued Team Members
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program
401(k) Retirement Saving
401(k) Retirement Saving
Competitive vesting schedules and a company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first 6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
We are so glad you are interested in a career with FMCNA! What happens next?
Application & Assessment
First you will need to complete your online application. Some roles may also require an online assessment to be completed.
Then a recruiter will review the applications submitted and select those most aligned with the role to move forward. If selected, The recruiter will contact you to schedule the next step.
Next, you will participate in phone/video interview(s) with our recruiter & leadership team.
The recruiter will provide feedback to you on your interview(s) and update you on any hiring decisions.
Next, the recruiter will extend a formal offer if you are selected for the position.
Lastly, you will accept your offer and complete pre-employment checks and paperwork.
Learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care at an upcoming hiring event near you.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you'll receive the latest job openings based in your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Join Our Talent Network
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, career event announcements and other career-related information.