This is a remote/work from home opportunity!
Must be located in the Nashville, TN or St. Petersburg, FL areas.
- This is a remote opportunity within the Nashville, TN or St. Petersburg, FL area.
- May require some in-office work due to pharmacy licensing requirements.
- Must have fast & reliable internet connection & speed.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Patient Service Coordinator functions as the primary contact for FreseniusRx customers/patients placing the orders for the patient, collaborating and communicating with other departments to ensure unimpeded resolution of customer/patient issues and special projects. The incumbent ensures that patient pharmacy needs are fulfilled in a timely, accurate, and service oriented manner and handles refill orders and transfers incoming calls to specialized departments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the primary liaison between the FreseniusRx customer and all FreseniusRx departments collaborating with department personnel such as the Prescription Specialists and Pharmacists to ensure that all the patient’s questions and prescription needs are met. Transfer calls to specialized departments, as necessary.
- Initiate communication with customers/patients by phone to set up new or existing prescription orders.
- Field incoming calls from customer/patients on a daily basis.
- Contact the pertinent customers/patients on a monthly basis to confirm current prescriptions, changes in prescriptions, or any additional prescriptions.
- Review patient’s medication needs and advises of early/late refills due in Pharmacy Management System (per prescriptions from physicians).
- Inform customer of any changes or delays in their order due to product shortages, product changes, recalls, or backordered and discontinued products.
- Determine the best delivery method based on the customer “remaining days” supply, delivery location, cost, and product stability.
- Resolve all order discrepancies interfacing with the appropriate FreseniusRx departments to ensure resolution.
- Update Pharmacy Management System patient/customer records with all appropriate and necessary documentation.
- Responsible for Medication Profiles and entering and completing enrollment forms.
- Review medication shipment activity and recommends inactivation when indicated.
- Ensure prescription validity with the patient.
- Print medication summary profile in the Pharmacy Management System database for customers, upon request.
- Serve as the liaison between patients and FreseniusRx regarding all service related issues.
- Research, investigate, and resolve order delivery issues. Verifies correct information and obtains input from appropriate team or individual for prompt resolution.
- Initiate discussion with patients, as necessary, regarding accounts receivable balances if status jeopardizes service delivery.
- Direct appropriate questions to specific team or individual. Escalates complex issues to supervisor as necessary.
- Educate patients regarding FreseniusRx services and procedures to appropriately set expectations and ensure a positive patient experience.
- Adhere to and maintains all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- If related certification such as Pharmacy Technician Certification is obtained, may assist Pharmacists with dispensing, as necessary, and in accordance the Tennessee Board of Pharmacy Regulations.
- Make suggestions to enhance processes.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Healthcare or pharmacy experiences, preferred.
- Previous call center experience, strongly preferred.
- Understands the importance of, and demonstrates a customer service philosophy.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English), preferred.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Develop a working knowledge of pharmacy dispensing regulations, data systems, billing practices and policies, and standard medical abbreviations and terminology.
- Ability to work independently, under general supervision.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work load to efficiently meet established deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs