This is a Fully Remote position with a high percentage of travel within the region
CANDIDATES MUST RESIDE WITHIN THE ARIZONA REGION
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This role guides, develops, and implements a blend of strategic and tactical HR initiatives focused on achieving business objectives. Helps ensure the alignment between business units, divisions and corporate practices. Provides expertise, coaching, consultation and problem solving on organizational design and development, change management, recruitment and selection, performance management, employee/managerial development, succession planning, employee relations, training, and policy/procedure interpretations. Operates in a highly matrixed company with geographically distributed employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines leadership development needs and contributes to solutions to improve the capability of managers to lead and manage their employees to achieve business goals.
- Monitors effectiveness of recruitment and retention programs for the assigned businesses/functions. Ensures proper job definition and competitive pay grade.
- Contributes to improvements and simplification of new hire processes and on-boarding. May partner with managers to facilitate effective on-boarding of new employees.
- Drives interpretation, understanding, and application of HR policies within and across organizations.
- Coaches managers and employees on performance management, including the development of performance improvement plans and all aspects of progressive discipline and documentation.
- Coaches managers on establishing effective individual development plans.
- Advises managers on local, state and federal statutes, and public policies. Insures the organization is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Confers with corporate legal when appropriate.
- Leads succession planning activities with client groups in order to ensure that a pipeline of high potential and/or promotable employees are identified and developed to meet future organization needs.
- Collaborates with Corporate HR for delivery of services to client businesses.
- Analyzes employee/employment data for business decision-making including but not limited to staffing levels/deployment, turnover, recruitment, applicant tracking, Affirmative Action/EEO, compensation, job grades, promotions, etc.
- Investigates and resolves employee relations problems. Anticipates problems whenever possible, and develops, recommends, and initiates appropriate steps for resolution.
- May represent the Company at employment-related claims hearings with external agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel up to 30% as required.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 8 - 12 years of related experience; or a Master's degree with 6 years of experience; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is desirable, or a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage one or more departments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must have excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business basics.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and solution development skills.
- Must stay current with the general trends in employment and agency law, the labor market and HR best practices.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
HR/Change Management focus
- Ensures collaborative engagement with HR Partners on all matters - Talent pipeline, new hires, internal transactions, etc.
- Anticipate organizational changes that come with large-scale implementations and the change management and communications interventions which will be needed.
- Ensure that key change initiatives deliver on business, schedule, and budget objectives.
- Coordinate with other initiatives to make sure there is a common understanding on timelines and other overlaps.
- Best practice problem-solving approaches to define problem sets and hypothesis, gather and synthesize data, and then design and implement solutions with measurable impact.
Create and implement a program that builds a culture of change management behaviors and continuous improvement into the organization.Develop and implement the coordinating interactions and mechanisms to rollout the approach to all aspects of the organization including, but not limited to:
- Communicating and training the organization on the approach,
- Facilitating workshops and other interventions to apply the approach on function-directed improvement initiatives,
- Aligning and embedding the approach to other talent development initiatives within the Human Resources function such as performance management goals and leadership development activities.
- Models true business partnering behaviors and proactive engagement with business clients on all matters.
- Works with facility management to ensure that a positive employee relations environment is in place.
- Coaches, counsels, and trains facility management on all aspects of positive employee relations.
- Ensures that all employment actions are completed in a fair and consistent manner, in line with company values and policies.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Travel 30% to 50%.
Experience and Required Skills
- Experience should include 3 - 5 years of union facility experience.
- Proven experience implementing and managing in a positive employee relations environment.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs